Upcoming Section events are postponed until further notice. The Section is recommending that Pro-Ams that are being hosted by facilities be delayed as well. The Section will not be able to sanction any Pro-Ams between now and the resumption of Section tournament play. Any Pro-Ams or events that are conducted between now and then will be done so at the risk of the host facility.
The Section staff is working remotely in cooperation with Governor Lujan Grisham’s stay-at-home order. We continue to work normal business hours and are available by email. Voicemails and texts to our main number (505-897-0864) are being forwarded to the appropriate staff member who will respond as soon as possible.
PGA Dues Procedures (Revised)
The PGA of America will begin billing on May 1, 2020, for all PGA Professionals. PGA Professionals have two payment options:
- Can pay full dues amount any time through October 31, 2020, without penalty or late fee.
- Can pay in two installments:
Pay Section amount only any time through October 31, 2020, without penalty or late fee.
Pay National, Life, Liability and MAP any time through October 31, 2020, without penalty or late fee.
Provided all dues components are paid by October 31, 2020
Those unable to pay the full dues amount by October 31, 2020, would be moved to non active status, and can still pay the full dues by June 30, 2021, to “re-establish” Membership (per the Bylaws), and the PGA of America would waive the late and re-establish fee.
If not able to re-establish by June 30, 2021, individuals would need to reinstate their Membership. If the one-time reinstatement option has been previously used, approval has already been granted for a second reinstatement for those affected by COVID-19.
If you are a PGA Professional hurting financially because of COVID-19, please apply TODAY for the Golf Emergency Relief Fund by clicking here.
- Should I be tested for COVID-19?
- Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- NM Department of Health Resource Center
- NM Testing Sites
- NM Coronavirus Hotline: 1-855-600-3453
- El Paso County Resource Center
- El Paso County non-urgent COVID-19 calls: 719-575-8888
- El Paso Testing Site
- Coronavirus Dashboard
- Interview with Michael Osterholm, an infectious disease epidemiologist
Unemployment and Financial Support
- NM COVID-19 Related Unemployment Information
- Texas Unemployment Benefits
- Small Business Administration Guidance & Loan Resources
- National Club Association handout on CARES Act benefits for clubs
- PGA Disaster Relief Fund (for PGA Members only)
- Golf Emergency Relief Fund
- GCSAA Disaster Relief Fund for Superintendents
- Playbook with additional guidance and section on Competitions:
- Back2Golf Operations Playbook – Competitions Addendum:
- Back2Golf Operations Playbook – Junior Golf Programming Addendum: