Help us give hope…
What is PGA HOPE?
PGA HOPE (Helping Our Patriots Everywhere) is an adaptive golf program offered by our PGA Professionals as a rehabilitation tool to improve our U.S. Military Veterans’ quality of life by enhancing their mental, social, physical, and emotional well-being. There is NO COST to our Veterans. The program has an emphasis on helping those with physical and emotional disabilities who will benefit the most from our initiative. We currently have two Chapters in Albuquerque and Las Cruces, NM.
PGA HOPE Facts
- It is a fact that suicide is a major issue among military Veterans, with recent statistical studies showing that 22 Veterans a day commit suicide. PGA HOPE is working to change this statistic.
- Participants of PGA HOPE programs include military Veterans living with physical and cognitive challenges such as Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and amputees, among other challenges.
- PGA HOPE programming is fully funded by PGA REACH and offered at NO COST for Military Veterans
- The Department of Veterans Affairs research and clinical experience verify that physical activity is important to maintaining good health, speeding recovery, and improving overall quality of life. For many injured Veterans, adaptive sports provide their first exposure to physical activity after injury.
- PGA HOPE has a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Department of Veterans Affairs, which enables Recreational Therapists to refer Veterans to the PGA HOPE program as a form of therapy.
- PGA HOPE Albuquerque Chapter: Twin Warriors GC – Bernalillo, NM
- PGA HOPE Las Cruces Chapter: New Mexico State University GC – Las Cruces, NM
For more information, please reach Player Development Manager Cal Lanouette at firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-910-4539.
Please be a part of this amazing program and support our local veterans by teaching (trained PGA Professionals) or donating to the Sun Country Golf Foundation.