The Sun Country Junior Golf Foundation was founded in 1999 as a collaboration of the Sun Country Section of the Professional Golfers Association of America and the Sun Country Amateur Golf Association. Each is a most efficient and excellent representative of their respective “parent” organizations – The PGA of America and the United States Golf Association.
The SCJGF serves the charitable endeavors of both associations. The three organizations serve the game of golf in New Mexico and West Texas. The Foundation Board is responsible for developing and funding programs consistent with the Foundation mission.
Our programs focus in two primary areas:
EDUCATIONAL: Scholarships, underprivileged education, resource materials and publications
GOLF PROMOTION: Junior golf programs, junior golf competitions, Rules/Etiquette clinics, public school involvement (elementary and middle school), and community centers are a few of the areas in which the SCJGF impacts the community of New Mexico and El Paso County, TX.
- Promote interest, participation and enjoyment in the game of golf to all levels of junior golfers
- Provide instruction on the game of golf, Rules and Etiquette at the elementary and middle school level
- Generate revenues from individuals and corporations for worthwhile children’s charities, junior golf programs, and college scholarships.
- Provide low cost playing opportunities for the novice and advanced junior golfer, through a variety of competitions.
- Coordinate with private and government sectors in providing low cost access to public golf facilities for junior golf.
- Actively pursue the acquisition of real estate for the development of a Junior Golf Course and Learning Center
The Sun Country Junior Golf Foundation Board is committed whole-heartedly to golf’s ability to teach important life skills and instill the values of honesty, integrity, respect, and a strong work ethic. Such potential to influence our youth is priceless.